Up for a challenge? Do you see yourself as part of a dynamic and dedicated team? Ready to give it your all and learn the tricks of the trading industry? Then consider the Trader position at Flow Traders!
What You Will Do
In this challenging role you manage and optimize our daily position (pricing and trading) in a wide range of financial products, including equities, bonds, derivatives and complex structured products. You formulate innovative trading strategies and, in close collaboration with our software engineers, develop trading models and tools that allow us to capitalize on opportunities swiftly and adequately.
Because of the specific nature of the work-environment, we do not expect you to plunge headfirst into your new job. Instead, you will start by following a four month intensive in-house training program in Amsterdam that covers all the intricate details of the trading processes. Upon successful completion, you will start in our New York office as a member of a small team. Gradually, you will take on more responsibilities, start monitoring markets and making split-second portfolio adjustments that are at the heart of our success.
From trading to devising tactics, and from contributing to new tools to implementing actual programs: you help shape our trading strategy.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- University degree, preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related
- Demonstrable interest in trading and global financial markets
- Understanding of financial products
- Proficient in Excel, a keen interest in IT systems, and an affinity for development languages
- Innovative & creative high potential with excellent mental arithmetic and analytical skills
- Competitive, outgoing, communicative, and able to deliver under pressure
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- A distinct ability to spot arising opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them
- A fast-paced work environment that offers great challenges and rewards immediately appeals to you
We value talent over experience.
- Submit your resume and motivation letter. Why do you want to pursue a career in trading?
- Video interview
- Mental Math Test
- Aptitude Test
- Motivational interview with HR
- Final-round case study interview in our New York office, conducted by Senior Traders & Head of Trading
Flow Traders accepts applications all year round, but recruits on-campus at certain universities in the United States during the Fall OCR cycle. If you are an upcoming graduate and our firm recruits at your school, you are invited to apply through this process. Please check with your career services office for more information. If Flow Traders does not recruit on your campus, please apply online through the button below.
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with the best working environment, the latest technology, continuous support, and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other perks and benefits, such as:
- Healthcare, Vision, Dental Insurance and 401k
- In-house lounge with a bar, poker & billiards tables and a putting green
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership and other wellness initiatives
New York Office