Do you love solving puzzles? Great, then this could be the job for you!
We are looking for a Quantitative Researcher to join our Quantitative Research team. This is an exceptional opportunity for candidates to join a principal trading firm, working alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry.
As a firm, we are at the intersection of Scientific Research, Finance and cutting edge Technology. Financial markets have made a rapid shift from trading in the pit towards algorithmic trading, and our firm has developed into a FinTech company.
A successful Quantitative Researcher, first and foremost, must be an expert in mathematics and statistics. We are looking for someone who loves to work with numbers and code automated trading algorithms. You should have an innate desire to generate and backtest new trading ideas, with generation of alpha and automated strategies as ultimate output goals. You will work alongside Traders and Quantitative Researchers on state of the art trading solutions and apply cutting-edge machine learning techniques. If this sounds like music to your ears, and passion to solve and code mathematical problems are your trademark traits, then this opportunity is for you.
- Collaborate with Traders and Quant Researchers to optimize and improve trading strategies;
- Research and analyze financial data to find exploitable patterns;
- Design and implement complex quantitative models and automated trading algorithms.
What You Need to Succeed:
- An academic degree (e.g. Physics, Math, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning or similar);
- Experience with a scientific programming language ( e.g. Python / MATLAB / R or similar);
- Experience with JAVA and/or C ++ (or similar) is an advantage;
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills;
- Ability to reason logically, deliver under pressure and take ownership;
- Competitive attitude, eager to learn, proactive and able to work in a team;
- Maximum of five years’ work experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please apply through our website with a CV and convincing cover letter on what makes you stand out as a candidate for this position. You might receive an invitation for an IQ test and a puzzle for you to solve. During the recruitment process, you will meet several people from the Quant and Trading teams who will test your problem solving skills and your mathematics background.
What do we offer?
Flow Traders offers you an exciting job and lots of opportunities within the most dynamic of environments with an excellent compensation package. We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with the best working environment, the latest technology, continuous support, and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started. We offer a competitive salary and reserve a percentage of our business results for our bonus pool.
+852 2593 3050