Macro Strategy Analyst
Within the trading division our analysts work closely with traders and quants to generate, (back) test and implement new trading ideas across markets, sectors and asset classes. The analyst team monitors global news-flows, prepares major market events and continuously informs trading desks based on macro, micro and fundamental considerations.
The global analyst team consists of dynamic, entrepreneurial and driven individuals with a genuine passion for financial markets. They thrive in the fast-paced and constantly changing environment of global markets and are energized by a bustling trading floor. As a team you are in daily contact with the different offices in Singapore, Hong Kong and New York to hand over information about the trading day, global news-flows and other relevant topics.
- Monitor markets and inform trading desks about the potential impact of the news-flow, geopolitical developments and broader market trends on multiple trading strategies.
- Generate, formulate and test new trading ideas and improve existing trading strategies through a combination of thorough macro, micro, fundamental and quantitative analysis.
- Produce both periodic and ad hoc analyses on special-events, investment themes, trade ideas and markets trends.
What you need to succeed
- Master’s degree in an Economics/Finance or related field;
- 2-5 years’ experience in analyst role;
- Excellent Excel skills including VBA;
- Affinity with statistics and experience with applying quantitative methods;
- Keen interest in financial markets, investments and trading;
- Drive to constantly improve our market coverage;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation);
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity and drive to acquire new skills and knowledge;
- Ability to adapt to dynamic environment and markets.
- Experience in a trading-analyst related role;
- CFA charter holder or candidate;
- Cross-asset class knowledge (i.e. equity and fixed income, commodities).
Flow Traders offers you an exciting job and lots of opportunities within the most dynamic of environments with an excellent compensation package. We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with the best working environment, the latest technology, continuous support, and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started. We offer a competitive salary and reserve a percentage of our business results for our bonus pool.
Flow Traders is a principal trading firm. We are a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specialized in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs). We continuously provide liquidity to the major financial markets. Our sophisticated in-house technology platform enables us to quote prices on many exchanges simultaneously. We also quote bid and ask prices off-exchange to institutional counter-parties on request. Robust risk management is at the core of our business, and our risk functions are closely integrated into our platform. Our headquarters in Amsterdam and offices in New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, London and Cluj, accommodate over 400 employees.
Flow Traders grew to be as successful as we are today out of the expertise and experience of our founding partners. Our non-hierarchical approach stimulates innovation and achievement. We invest in our talented, highly motivated people since they hold the key to our success. Our demanding, sophisticated work continuously puts us to the test. We wouldn't have it any other way. We. Love. This. Job.