We are looking for a talented Linux Engineer with a passion for open source technologies to join the systems engineering team in our New York office.
Our global team is responsible for a server farm of over 2000 physical and virtual servers scattered in 40 different locations around the world. The Linux Engineer's primary responsibilities will be building, improving, and maintaining our complex Linux infrastructure environment.They will work closely with other systems teams (Windows, database, storage, VMware) to ensure a coherent and robust infrastructure is maintained. They will also act as a point of escalation for Linux-related support issues from other IT teams, such as trading support or networking.
Continuous delivery is an important part of our team’s responsibilities, as this is essential to stay ahead of the curve, while assuring a robust trading environment. To succeed at Flow Traders, you should be very self-motivated. Innovation is key to our culture, so we always encourage team members to seek out and implement improvements to our set up. If kernel and performance tuning is your passion, challenge yourself to extract those last microseconds from the trading servers. If you are into configuration management, seek opportunities to improve and expand our Puppet environment.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science
- 5 to 7 years of working experience in a complex Linux infrastructure environment with in-depth knowledge of Linux distributions and networking skills; DNS, DHCP, routing & switching, multicast, etc.
- Excellent scripting skills in Python, Bash, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience building out configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Ansible, or CFEngine
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Experience setting up and maintaining monitoring systems (Centreon, Nagios, SolarWinds)
- Ability to work with version control systems (preferably git)
- Knowledge of NAS and SAN
- Working knowledge of Big Data
- Feeling perfectly at home within complex Windows environment is a big plus
- Attracted to the dynamics of the financial markets
- Able to occasionally travel to Flow Traders' offices around the world
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with the best working environment, the latest technology, continuous support, and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other perks and benefits, such as:
- Healthcare, Vision, Dental Insurance and 401k
- In-house lounge with a bar, poker & billiards tables and a putting green
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership and other wellness initiatives
New York Office