Junior Software Developer - Cluj
After a successful first edition of the Junior Software Developer Program in Amsterdam, we’re looking for fresh talents for the 2019 group. We’re excited to extend and launch this program in our Cluj-Napoca office as well!
We prepared the program for ambitious, skilled and driven juniors who like to be challenged every day. The ideal candidate is the one who doesn’t accept the status quo and who strives to make visible contributions to the further growth of our business.
As a successful applicant to this program, you will join our software teams for 1 year to work on different projects. You will be continuously supported by various mentors not only in field of technology but also in area of personal development. Each project takes about two months to complete and covers different areas of our technology landscape. One of the goals would be to improve our proprietary trading platform that enables Flow Traders to trade on exchanges worldwide.
You will work in groups on the projects and during the projects you will learn to work in an agile framework with sprints and with different software teams. After you have completed each project you will present your results to the management group led by the Global Head of Technology.
The program starts on September 1st 2019. A strong motivation letter increases your chance to be selected!
We are looking for driven juniors interested in working in an international set-up, who are willing to join the 1 year program and relocate to Amsterdam for onboarding and training for the first 2-6 months of the program. You will join a group of 10 young professionals from all over Europe and will work closely together on various projects.
We have prepared an intense learning journey and many fun activities so you get to know Flow Traders and Amsterdam better! After the first 4-6 months in Amsterdam you’ll continue your journey at Flow Traders from the Cluj-Napoca office where we’ll have a dedicated mentor to guide you further.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, received before the start date of the program, 2018 or 2019
- Strong interest in software development, by preference C++ or Java
- Strong affinity to the finance industry, preferably trading
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take ownership and work in teams
- Any commercial or entrepreneurial experience in software development during studies or after finishing them
- Participating in code competitions / camps is an advantage
- Proven experience in working in projects during your studies
- Demonstrable competitive nature and winner's mentality, e.g. through winning Mathematics Olympiads, Chess tournaments
You’ll receive full support for your short-term relocation to Amsterdam: from flight-tickets to a couple of months housing.
Flow Traders grew to be as successful as we are today out of the expertise and experience of our founding partners. Our non-hierarchical approach stimulates innovation and achievement. We invest in our talented, highly motivated people since they hold the key to our success. Our demanding, sophisticated work continuously puts us to the test. We wouldn't have it any other way. We. Love. This. Job.