Trading Support Engineer
Flow Traders is looking for a motivated individual with an interest in financial markets and an entrepreneurial mindset, who is able to manage multiple responsibilities and demands, with a strong sense of urgency and customer focus. With distinct IT talents and appreciation for electronic trading, you are able to operate in a dynamic trading environment, where complex challenges require innovative solutions. You will be working with highly skilled and motivated colleagues such as Traders, Developers and System Engineers. To be a successful candidate, you will be required to have experience with scripting, affinity for the Linux environment and a development mindset.
As a member of our Trading Support Desk, you will provide hands-on support to our traders to safeguard the performance and stability of our proprietary trading systems, as well as the related hardware. Additionally, you will participate in projects, advise on structural improvements and monitor trends within your area of expertise to capitalize on opportunities of new technologies. In this role, you will have full ownership of technical related issues for our in house trading applications and your actions will directly contribute to the profit and loss of the company.
A day in the life of a Trading Support Engineer
The day usually starts with grabbing a coffee or tea, followed by checking our monitoring systems, emails, and change logs for potential operational issues and other items that might affect our systems.
In the midst of sorting out the morning's requests and issues there's time to grab breakfast from our in-house lounge. At our daily stand-up meeting, we recap and discuss the morning's events and items that need to be followed up on. As our IT landscape is constantly evolving at a fast pace, you will probably be involved in one or more longer running projects as well. This often includes monitoring, automation, deployment, and optimization.You can join the lunch workout session with one of our personal trainers to make space for the delicious lunch that is served in the lounge. Though we often eat at our desks, picking up lunch in the lounge is a great opportunity to meet and chat with other colleagues.After a busy day at the desk (and trust me, most days are busy!) you can unwind at the Flow bar with your colleagues, from both near and far. The company is very international, so it's really nice to speak to people from different parts of the world.
What will you do?
- Respond quickly to any technical related issues for in house trading applications
- Optimize our internal infrastructure for business needs
- Utilize project and change management to maintain and configure trading infrastructure
- Analyze or escalate exchange related issues directly with exchanges or brokers
- Implement new exchange connections, while enhancing existing connectivity
- Monitor and document trading applications and IT infrastructure components
- Collaborate with developers to design new and improved in house applications
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems, plus relevant hardware knowledge
- Proficiency with scripting languages, such as Python, Shell, batch
- Basic Networking related skills (multicast, TCP, routing)
- Excellent communication skills, with a service minded attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- A hands-on mentality, self-starter and entrepreneurial mind-set
- Interested in the dynamics of trading the financial markets
Flow Traders offers you an exciting job and lots of opportunities within the most dynamic of environments. We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with the best working environment, the latest technology, continuous support, and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started. We offer a competitive salary and reserve a percentage of our business results for our bonus pool.
We offer fantastic perks, such as:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus;
- Flow Academy for continuous learning;
- Opportunities to attend domain-related conferences;
- We have our own in-house bar and gym, and a company boat;
- Free breakfast, lunch, snacks and amazing coffee;
- Table tennis, pool table, arcade and console games;
- A yearly company trip and Christmas party that exceed expectations;
- Fun team outings during the year;
- Nutritionist support, personal trainer, health checks
- Weekly chair massage
- And many more.