Quality Assurance Engineer
A Day in the Life of a QA Engineer
We start our day with a product team stand up meeting. This is an opportunity to catch up on the progress, raise problems and discuss plans for the day. A business representative is also present, so questions to business can be discussed and resolved instantly. After the stand up, you get to focus on your tasks - execute tests for the upcoming release/ write tests for the new functionality/ integrate your tests into CI / set up test environment/ discuss requirements with business/ investigate production issues.
At lunch time, you join your colleagues in the lounge and enjoy a company provided fresh meal.
During the day, if there are no pressing issues or you feel that you need a break, you can unwind at the pool table, play table tennis or do a workout in the gym.
After the day is done you can join your colleagues to celebrate a successful release or just to socialize at our bar.
What will you do?
- Work closely with the development and IT operations teams to understand the company's application landscape;
- Cooperate with the end users (traders/compliance/risk) to gain deep knowledge of the business side and apply it in the designs of the tests;
- Define all necessary test activities for the project and execute those;
- Maintain and improve the test environment to mimic production as closely as possible;
- Continuously look for improvements of the company's quality assurance processes.
How you do it?
QA engineers are embedded into product teams. Such teams are responsible for a set of applications and work in a tight collaboration with business owners. QA members support team with functional and performance testing, automation and integration into CI and manage test environment. Product teams follow agile practices, tailored to the problem area and preferred team approach.
What we are looking for
- Working knowledge of QA in SDLC;
- Strong problem solving skills with meticulous attention to detail;
- Experience in a Linux/Unix environment;
- Good knowledge of Python or Java;
- Knowledge of SQL and databases is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Flow Traders offers you an exciting job and lots of opportunities within the most dynamic of environments. We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with the best working environment, the latest technology, continuous support, and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started. We offer a competitive salary and reserve a percentage of our business results for our bonus pool.
We offer fantastic perks, such as:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus;
- Flow Academy for continuous learning;
- Opportunities to attend domain-related conferences;
- We have our own in-house bar and gym, and a company boat;
- Free breakfast, lunch, snacks and amazing coffee;
- Table tennis, pool table, arcade and console games;
- A yearly company trip and Christmas party that exceed expectations;
- Fun team outings during the year;
- Nutritionist support, personal trainer, health checks
- Weekly chair massage
- And many more.