Software engineers in Flow Traders are working on applications that support the core business of the company. Our systems make it possible for Flow Traders to be present and competitive on exchanges worldwide. Many of these systems need front-ends that not only share the robustness and security of our trading systems, but also are intuitive, consistent across our products and beautiful to look at.
Your work won't be public for millions of users to see, but nevertheless a high standard will be demanded by the teams in our headquarters in Amsterdam, and offices in New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, London and Cluj-Napoca. Our business users are typically only a walk away, which helps to create short feedback loops and to see your changes provide value in the shortest time possible.
To enable that, we strive to follow best software engineering practices and are supported by the best working environment, latest technology and continuous support from all parts of Flow Traders organization.
How you do it
We work in small teams, grouped by business area. Each team is typically responsible for a set of related applications, and works in tight collaboration with business owners. We maintain libraries shared across the teams to enable code re-use and to have a common view on application architecture. We follow agile practices, tailored to the problem area and preferred team approach.
Some of the things we use in development process:
- Web Socket connectivity;
- Maven, Git;
- Atlassian stack;
- Bitbucket for code review. We do all work in pull requests, which are reviewed by other developers;
- Bamboo for continuous integration;
- JIRA, Confluence;
- SonarQube for continuous code quality inspection;
- MariaDB, Cassandra.
What you need to succeed:
- 5 Years of experience in UI development;
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent;
- Up-to-date knowledge of web technologies;
- Experience with Core Java/C++ back-end development is required.
Flow Traders offers you an exciting job and lots of opportunities within the most dynamic of environments. We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with the best working environment, the latest technology, continuous support, and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started. We offer a competitive salary and reserve a percentage of our business results for our bonus pool.
We offer fantastic perks, such as:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus;
- Flow Academy for continuous learning;
- Opportunities to attend domain-related conferences;
- We have our own in-house bar and gym, and a company boat;
- Free breakfast, lunch, snacks and amazing coffee;
- Table tennis, pool table, arcade and console games;
- A yearly company trip and Christmas party that exceed expectations;
- Fun team outings during the year;
- Nutritionist support, personal trainer, health checks
- Weekly chair massage
- And many more.