Graduate Software Developer
We’re continuing a successful Graduate Software Development Program, starting September 2019 at our headquarters in Amsterdam. We prepared the program for ambitious, skilled and driven graduates who like to be challenged every day. The ideal candidate is the one who doesn’t accept the status quo and who strives to make visible contributions to the further growth of our business.
As a successful applicant to this program, you will join our software teams for one year to work on different projects. You will be continuously supported by various mentors not only in field of technology but also in area of personal development. Each project takes about two months to complete and covers different areas of our technology landscape. One of the goals would be to improve our proprietary trading platform that enables Flow Traders to trade on exchanges worldwide.
You will work in groups on the projects and during the projects you will learn to work in an agile framework with sprints and with different software teams. After you have completed each project you will present your results to the management group led by the Global Head of Technology.
The program starts on September 1st 2019. A strong motivation letter increases your chance to be selected!
- Master degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, received before the start date of the program, in 2018 or 2019
- Strong interest in software development, by preference C++ or Java
- Strong affinity to the finance industry, preferably trading
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership and work in teams
- Any commercial or entrepreneurial experience in software development during studies or after finishing them
- Participating in code competitions / camps is an advantage
- Proven experience in working in projects during your studies
- Demonstrable competitive nature and winner's mentality, e.g. through winning Mathematics Olympiads, Chess tournaments
- EU citizenship
Flow Traders grew to be as successful as we are today out of the expertise and experience of our founding partners. Our non-hierarchical approach stimulates innovation and achievement. We invest in our talented, highly motivated people since they hold the key to our success. Our demanding, sophisticated work continuously puts us to the test. We wouldn't have it any other way. We. Love. This. Job.