We are looking for a talented Build Engineer to join our Quality Assurance team.
A day in the life
At the start of the day go over the current status of our build infrastructure - we are currently in the process of improving our monitoring and alerting systems for the build landscape so we might need to make improvements or adjustments in order to keep everything running smoothly.
After we catch up with the ongoing tasks and issues at the stand-up, we will start or continue with our tasks. These can be anything ranging from helping teams to build their Java or C++ projects - where we provide them with extra functionality for the build process using Bash and Python scripting, to automating the configuration and setup of the build agents - where we work with Ansible and VMWare tools, to trying to help the Quants' team to join the building pipeline by using automated building of their projects. As there are many areas to cover, your breath of knowledge will be an asset, going from general system administration, to virtualization, monitoring, to compilers and beyond.
As we can consider ourselves providing code build services for many other teams, you will encounter interruptions during the day to provide help, ideas, or suggestions for a plethora of projects and tasks - these will involve our own tools and many Atlassian products.
What will you do
You will be responsible for automating the build and deployment process throughout the build system:
- Manage the build process for multiple concurrent releases;
- Design and configure continuous integration build system through collaboration with development and IT teams;
- Participate in deployment & configuration of the application as needed;
- Set-up code-review process and tooling in the CI;
- Automate set up of test environments;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Experience with Atlassian products (Bamboo, Jira, Confluence);
- Experience with GIT;
- Experience with build set ups for Java and C++ applications;
- Strong scripting skills (Python, bash, etc.);
- Strong knowledge of Linux environment;
- BSc in Computing Science or a technical degree;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
Flow Traders offers you an exciting job and lots of opportunities within the most dynamic of environments. We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with the best working environment, the latest technology, continuous support, and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started. We offer a competitive salary and reserve a percentage of our business results for our bonus pool.
We offer fantastic perks, such as:
- Competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus;
- Flow Academy for continuous learning;
- Opportunities to attend domain-related conferences;
- We have our own in-house bar and gym, and a company boat;
- Free breakfast, lunch, snacks and amazing coffee;
- Table tennis, pool table, arcade and console games;
- A yearly company trip and Christmas party that exceed expectations;
- Fun team outings during the year;
- Nutritionist support, personal trainer, health checks;
- Weekly chair massage;
- And many more.