In this exciting role, a Risk Manager gains intimate knowledge of our core business by collaborating with key business units in Trading and Technology. Consequently, your insights and behavior towards the rest of the company contribute directly to safeguard business continuity within our risk management framework.
In addition, it is your task to use your knowledge to identify and implement improvements across the board in order to increase efficiency, realize cost reductions and improve the effectivity of our employees. In this capacity, you are a part of Flow Traders’ Risk and Mid-Office team, reporting directly to the Local Head of Risk and Middle Office.
Your responsibilities will include the following
- Identify and monitor sources of risk;
- Analyze current and future processes and identify areas that can be improved;
- Implement improvements in tools, processes and procedures in the Risk Management framework;
- Monitor key risk metrics and take action where necessary to prevent or resolve breaches;
- Communicate with internal and external parties, including prime brokers, traders, head of trading and local head of risk and mid office etc.
- 2+ years of work experience;
- Master’s degree Econometrics, Finance, or a more quantitative/technical background;
- Experience with several asset classes;
- Experience with direct exposure to trading environments in financial markets is advantageous;
- High-level knowledge of Excel, SQL and VBA;
- Knowledge of other coding languages e.g. C#, C++, Python;
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to assess complex situations quickly without being affected by (time) pressure.
- A driven, eager and flexible personality;
- Decisive, assertive, proactive and persuasive;
- Ability to work independently and responsibly;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and able to take ownership;
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English.
This exciting position, in a dynamic working environment, offers many opportunities and an excellent compensation package. We believe in nurturing talent and provide continuous support. We offer a competitive salary and reserve a large percentage of our business results in our bonus pool. You will receive 26 days of annual leave.
Flow Traders is a principal trading firm and one of the world’s largest liquidity providers in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs). Our headquarters in Amsterdam and offices in New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, London and Cluj-Napoca, accommodate over 400 employees.
Our non-hierarchical approach stimulates innovation and achievement. We invest in our talented, highly motivated people since they hold the key to our success. Our demanding, sophisticated work continuously puts us to the test. We wouldn’t have it any other way. We. Love. This. Job.
Kirstin Gosling email@example.com