Exchange Development Analyst
Flow Traders is a principal trading firm. We are a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specialized in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs). We continuously provide liquidity to the major financial markets. Our sophisticated in-house technology platform enables us to quote prices on many exchanges simultaneously. We also quote bid and ask prices off-exchange to institutional counter-parties on request. Robust risk management is at the core of our business, and our risk functions are closely integrated into our platform. Our headquarters in Amsterdam and offices in New York, Singapore, Hong Kong, London and Cluj, accommodate over 400 employees.
Flow Traders grew to be as successful as we are today out of the expertise and experience of our founding partners. Our non-hierarchical approach stimulates innovation and achievement. We invest in our talented, highly motivated people since they hold the key to our success.
What you will work on
Flow Traders is looking for an Exchange Development Analyst. Together with our Business Development team, you are the liaison for Flow Traders and the exchanges, MTFs, ECNs and technology vendors globally, both from a business and a technological angle.
How you will do it
- Taking care of internal requests regarding exchanges, MTFs, ECNs;
- Taking care of external requests from exchanges, MTFs, ECNs for information, confirmation or clarification;
- Liaising with exchanges, MTFs, ECNs to discuss technical enhancements and new initiatives;
- Managing projects for onboarding and technical setup of new venues;
- Ensuring best possible setup of trading systems (ordering, market data, reference data, transaction capacity);
- Liaising with customers (Trading, Middle-Office, Legal, Compliance etc.) to understand their needs and discuss new initiatives;
- Liaising with our Development department with regards to changes;
- Improve processes - Identify upcoming obstacles and ways to tackle them.
What you need to succeed
You have strong communication skills and have a basic knowledge of Financial Markets. Furthermore, you have an affinity with technology and understand exchange, MTF and ECN trading protocols. In addition, you are driven to grow and committed to excellence. You dare to take ownership.
- University degree;
- 1-3 years of experience within an exchange, MTF, ECN or (proprietary) trading firm, with a focus on operational handling;
- High technical affinity and knowledge with regards to exchange trading systems and trading technology;
- The ability to build, maintain and further enhance long-term relationships with exchanges, MTFs, ECNs and technology vendors;
- Basic knowledge of ETP's, FX and/or Fixed Income markets;
- Excellent communication and documentation skills to ensure efficient information sharing within Flow Traders and externally;
- The ability to find creative solutions, take initiative and ownership;
- Authentic and genuine team player;
- Fluent in English;
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, project management as well as knowledge of clearing and settlement would be beneficial.